The Brilliance of Bloomberg’s Matt Levine
Of all the business and technology writers out there, including bloggers, I think the best one, at this moment, is Matt Levine. He’s the only person currently writing on Planet Earth that I find myself reading every word of everything he writes.
For the last few months, he has been mostly writing about three topics:
- The Twitter Elon Musk Soap Opera
- Why (and How) Much of Crypto Is A Plain, Old, Ponzi Scheme
- Other Crazy and Fucked Up Things in Finance
For a flavor of his writing, read the following 11 chapters of Matt’s writing (listed in chronological order). Then, subscribe to his newsletter and get a magnificent medium-form article in your inbox every other day or so.
- Meme Stocks Were Too Good to Robinhood: Also Russian debt and crypto depositors.
- Don’t Cheat on the Ethics Exam: Also CoinFlex, Spirit and cheerleading for risk.
- Crypto Loves Its Shadow Banks: Also Archegos, CLOs and bond market liquidity.
- Say No to YES: Also 10b5-1 plans, crypto bailouts, Tether, MicroStrategy and ethics rules.
- Archegos Analyst Wants His Money Back: Also Russian assets, universal owners vs. labor and KYC/SOW.
- Voyager Has Some Tokens: Also vibes and Ben & Jerry’s.
- Nickel Big Shot Called the Shots: Also GameStop, SoftBank, Luna, Percent and index funds.
- Elon’s Out: Musk lost interest in pretending to buy Twitter.
- The Price of Not Buying Twitter: Also Twitter miscellanea, Celsius and Axie.
- I Was Told There’d Be a Cake Merger: Also a threatening letter, a toehold stock position, a venture-capital paper and a tweet from an undisclosed location.
- Twitter Still Wants Musk’s Money: Twitter sued Elon Musk for an outcome that no one wants.
Matt – thank you for making me snort or laugh out loud several times on the days you write.