February 2005 and Everyone is Hard at Work
Feb 02, 2005
There was a flurry of news from several of my portfolio companies the last few days. For those of you that track what I’m up to, here it is:
- Xaffire closed a $3m financing. The company had a great Q404 – landing several significant customers and building real momentum with a couple of key partners. Wendy Lea – an experienced entrepreneur, sales and marketing consultant, and ex-Siebel exec joined the board.
- ePartners has begun reselling LiveVault’s Online Backup and Recovery Service. The ePartners customer base is one of the largest collection of mid and upper market customers of Microsoft Business Solution products (they added over 300 new customers last year.) As one would expect, they’re systematically expanding their services with third party products that enhance the range of services to their customers – in this case augmenting their existing Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery offering as well as fulfilling record retention and regulatory requirements mandated by Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Stratify released v5.0 of their Stratify Legal Discovery product. In addition to a range of new features, they’ve added visual email analytics capability, which enables litigators to identify critical relationships in email message flows as part of their legal discovery process.
- Rally announced the availability of Release 4 of their on-demand software development management solution for Agile teams. One of the cool things about making (and using) an Agile product is rapid release cycles – Release 3 came out on August 16th – not a bad rev cycle for an early stage company.
- StillSecure Border Guard was awarded “Best Buy of 2004” by SC Magazine: They won top rating in the IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection / Prevention) category.
It just turned Wednesday – not a bad start to the month.