Make Me Happy – There’s An App for That
I’ve been a delighted iPhone user since they upgraded the software to have mail / contact / calendar sync with Exchange. With the 3.0 version of the software, I’m even more delighted. I’ve had an iPhone 3GS since the day they came out (thanks Ross for standing in the non-line at the AT&T store for me) and – with the exception of the crappy AT&T 3G network – I find new little magic happy things every single day.
As my app portfolio continues to radically expand and I endlessly fiddle with placement, I thought it might be useful to reflect (and memorialize) the apps that are currently on my first screen. Here’s goes – left to right, from top row to bottom row.
- IMExchange: Finally, someone got Outlook Task syncing with an iPhone app. Worth the money.
- Camera: Much improved – actually good pictures!
- Kindle: Yes, I can actually read books on this.
- Brightkite: I use this to post pictures to Twitter. And occasionally log where I’m at.
- 100 Pushups: Damnit – I will get stronger.
- FlightTrack: Indispensible when used with TripIt.
- Vlingo: Apple Voice Control is good, but Vlingo is great.
- App Store
- Tweetie: I’ve tried them all and this one is the best.
Page Two are my “less regularly used, but at least once a week” apps (like Fandango). Page Three are apps from our portfolio companies (have you played Mafia Wars on the iPhone yet? or Vampires? or used your Pogoplug?) Page Four is a bunch of random other junk, although I’m pretty aggressive about deleting apps I never use.
I wonder what Page One is going to look like a year from now? Any gotta-have-em apps that I’m missing that you guys out there in blogland would recommend?